Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Copycat Strawberry Surfrider Smoothie

We have some wonderfully beautiful weather lately, with more to come! That makes me all sorts of giddy! Though I am a little sad that we haven't had any descent snow this year, just a little. We've gone sledding a whopping two times this winter, and they were both in a weeks span. Usually by this time in the winter I'm tired of sledding and longing for swimming and sprinklers. But not this year. We've been hiking and running around outside, it's so nice!


In the spirit of warmer weather, my mind drifted to the Strawberry Surfrider smoothie from Jamba Juice. It's my all time favorite Jamba smoothie. It's so refreshing, especially when it's hot out. Granted I wouldn't call it "hot" out, but it was still nice to indulge even with just warm weather. After some research into what goes into a Strawberry Surfrider, I made some substitutions as to not put sherbert in it, and what I came up with was so very close to what I remember!

Here it is in all it's "whole food" glory....

Ingredients:
1 organic lemon, peeled
Juice of 1/2 organic lemon
Juice of 1/2 organic lime
1/2 lb organic strawberries
1 TB organic raw agave (or honey)
1 cup organic raw milk
Handful organic peach slices (mine were frozen)
3 scoops organic strawberry whey protein (not totally necessary)
1 cup crushed ice
Water to cover

Throw all ingredients in a blender, VitaMix is preferable, and blend! This recipe made about 50 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!