Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Layered bean dip

I sometimes wonder if I"m part Mexican...I'm not...but I still wonder. I could eat Mexican food every.single.day. Seriously. Luckily my family loves it too....though they would not be cool with every day, but a couple times a week seems to work for everyone (with a secret stash of chips and salsa on hand for me). Here's a great bean dip that's wonderful for parties, or movie nights, or "dips for dinner" night, ha. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 cups organic pinto or black beans, cooked
2 cloves organic garlic
1/2 organic onion
1/2 ts good salt, or to taste
1/2 ts garlic powder
Handful cilantro
Toppings: (any or all)
1 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese
1/2 cup organic sour cream
1 bunch green onions, diced
1 tomato diced
sliced black olives

Process in a food processor: beans, garlic, onion, salt, garlic powder, and cilantro. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Spread a layer of sour cream on top of cheese if desired. Sprinkle green onions, tomatoes, and olives on the very top. Bake for about 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees to warm through and melt cheese. Serve with organic tortilla chips!

2 comments:

  1. The NaCl (or KCl) in your recipe is not an organic molecule. Carbon-Carbon bonds indicate "organic>"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NEVER suggested using sodium chloride. It is a dangerous chemical that no one should consume. Please refer to my article on salt http://naturalandorganiclifestyle.blogspot.com/2012/03/salt-good-vs-bad.html
    And for the record, "organic" is referring to food without antibiotics, hormones, or genetically modified.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!