Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mold and Mildew remover from walls

Since moving to the northeast I have learned that humidity causes mold and mildew on bathrooms walls. Seriously, in Cali that never happened! But here, it's a fact of life. To safely remove from walls, spray the walls with white distilled vinegar or lemon juice and let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Then wipe away with a rag! I actually found it to be good practice as a preventive measure, while cleaning the bathroom I will spray the walls where I know mildew likes to grow with my homemade all purpose  cleaner. When I wash the floor at the end I wipe off the walls too. This will help the mildew from growing in the first place! Happy Safe Cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. I was looking for natural organic cleaning detergent for mold and mildew removal. Most of the cleaning companies like cleaners camden use commercial cleaning products that contain bleach. But even diluted bleach can be very dangerous for your health if you are using it close spaces or you are allergic to chlorine, that's why I tend to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!