A
couple weeks ago we went to the Garlic Festival. This is always so fun.
The food is always super good. We always have to try a little of
everything..well we've never tried the garlic sprinkles on ice cream,
but I must draw the line somewhere ;) This year one of the booths had a
spicy stuffed pepper that was so yummy I HAD to try to recreate it. And I
did! I used Hungarian wax peppers which are moderately spicy. Though I
think that may be an "average" because some were only a little spicy and
some made we want to rip my tongue off. But the spice went away and I
was happy with the result! Feel free to use a less spicy pepper. It
would be good in banana peppers too. Though I have to say, I decided to
leave the seeds in to make them spicier, I won't be doing that next
time. It worked well for the ones that were only a little spicy but made
the more spicy ones a little hard to handle. But whatever pepper you
decide to use, make these, soon!
Ingredients:
8 Hungarian wax peppers, organic if you can find it, I couldn't
8 oz ricotta, organic
1/4 cup shredded parm, organic
1 cup shredded mozzarella, organic
1/2 ts ground pepper
4 cloves organic garlic, minced
1/2 ts sea salt
Preheat
the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together everything but the peppers in a
medium bowl. Cut the end off the peppers at an angle to release the
seeds and membrane, like this:
Pull gently on the stem so it lifts out the seeds. Hopefully it looks like this: (If not, just scrape the seeds out)
There are a couple ways you can get the filling in. You can use a butter knife and push it down in until it's full.
You
could also use a zip lock bag, fill with mixture, seal, and cut a
corner off , squeeze down in. Either way, it should look like this when
you're done:
Place them all in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
This is a recipe that I grew up with, right down to the Hungarian wax pepper!
ReplyDeleteI find that if you cut the little tip off the filling doesn’t swell out of the top as much
ReplyDelete