Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Caprese Salad

I love Caprese Salad! So do my kids! They cheer when I set it on the table. Now you can totally make this the pretty way by slicing your tomatoes in rings, placing a basil leaf and slice of cheese on top and then drizzling with the dressing. But for my family, I would need like 5 plates done like that for how much they eat of it. Do you know how long that would take? Just for them to gobble them right up. So I just mix it all up in one big bowl. Not as pretty presentation-wise, but oh so yummy!

Ingredients:
5 medium organic tomatoes, sliced
1 8oz chunk of fresh mozzarella
20 or so basil leaves, chiffon (put leaves in one pile, roll them up, and slice)
3:1 oil to vinegar (you need about a 1/2 cup total)
Olive oil, organic
White Wine vinegar, organic
1/2 ts sea salt
3 cloves organic garlic, chopped

In a measuring cup mix together oil, vinegar, salt, garlic, and basil leaves. In a large bowl mix together tomatoes and mozzarella, toss with dressing.

2 comments:

Your comments make my day! Thank you!