Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chicken and Chile Wrap




The peppers in this add a zing to the standard chicken wrap. Super yummy! My hubby is very excited EVERY time I make these. I skip the peppers for the kids.

Makes about 5 wraps 
(I make big ones for me and hubby and small ones for the kids. This should make 5 big ones. Another option for a great appetizer - use small tortillas and when done cut them in half and you have mini wrap appetizers!)

Ingredients:
1 lb organic chicken, cooked, diced
5 whole wheat tortillas 
3 poblano peppers
1 bunch green onions
Homemade mayonnaise, to taste. Here's the recipe
1 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese

Coat peppers in olive oil and put under broiler on high for a few minutes. Flip them over and put back under broiler for a few minutes. If you would like to remove the skin, place the peppers in a bowl and cover for about ten minutes. This will steam the pepper and allow you to peal off the skim more easily. I used to do this but now I don't bother unless I burn the skin under the broiler. Slice the peppers.
Wet tortillas and place in a toaster oven for about 2 minutes. This is optional  but allows for easier wrapping. Lay out tortillas and spread mayonnaise down the middle. Layer on the chicken, peppers, cheese, green onions. Wrap up like a burrito and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!