Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Italian Dressing Mix


I love making my own salad dressing! When I make it I always know what's in it. No hidden ingredients! Plus it's so much cheaper. Organic salad dressing can be ridiculously expensive. Not to mention, half the time when I try a new one, everyone HATES it!!! When usually for less than a dollar I can make a cup or two of salad dressing myself. If no one likes, no biggie. I like this Italian dressing mix because I can make up a batch, keep it in a jar, and I always have it ready when I need it. You could also use it for a dry rub on chicken, Mmm! Or fish...or sprinkle over veggies and roast....

Italian Dressing Mix:
2 ts organic garlic powder
2 tb organic dried oregano
1 tb organic dried parsley
1 ts organic dried basil
1/4 ts organic thyme
1/2 ts organic celery seed
1 tb organic onion flakes
1 tb sucanat or organic sugar
1 tb real salt
1/2 ts organic pepper

Mix together and store in an airtight jar.
To make salad dressing:
Combine 2 tb of dry mix with 1/3 cup vinegar (white wine or apple cider) and 2/3 cup olive oil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!