Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Groceries

I'm often asked how much I spend on groceries. So here it is....At this time, living in NY (organic food prices are pretty high), I spend anywhere from $160-200/week on groceries for a family of 5 (the baby doesn't eat food yet). That does not include the $20/week I spend on 4 gallons of raw organic milk. Plus we only eat meat a few times a week. Eating more meat with greatly increase the cost of groceries. So for the sake of your colon, and your wallet, eat more vegetarian meals! Also, our eggs are "free" from our chickens. Though the cost of chicken feed, bedding, accessories...they are far from free.
I have been surprised lately to hear that many families spend $200/week buying non-organic groceries....that made me feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!