Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baked Oatmeal Squares


These are Great! But really, how would I know, my kids never let me have any! I really need to start doubling this recipe and use a bigger dish. Literally I get a few bites. I actually usually make this for lunch, and I eat leftovers, which most of my kids aren't fond of, so we're all good! This makes a great breakfast though if you have the time! Super yummy! It even reheats well, if you have any left =)

Ingredients:
 2 bananas, sliced
1 cup blueberries

1/4 cup organic raw agave or honey
1 cup organic quick cooking oats
1/4 cup raw organic sunflower seeds (other nuts and seeds could be substituted)
1/4 cup organic chia seeds
1 ts organic cinamon
1/2 ts aluminum free baking powder
pinch of good salt
3/4-1 cup organic milk (3/4 if using frozen blueberries, 1 cup if using fresh)
1 organic egg
1 ts organic vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x9 inch glass baking dish. Spread sliced bananas covering the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with half the blueberries, 1/2 ts cinnamon, and half the agave or honey. Invert another 9x9 dish and place on top of dish to cover (or use a dish with a lid). Bake for 15 minutes.

In a large bowl, mix together oats, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, the rest of the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together milk, egg, the rest of the agave or honey, and vanilla. Mix well.

When banana dish has softened in the oven, pull out and sprinkle oat mixture evenly in the dish. Pour milk mixture evenly over oat mixture. Sprinkle with the rest of the blueberries. I sometimes add chocolate chips too. Bake uncovered for  30-40 minutes until lightly brown and firm-ish. 

Variations: You could mix up the fruit in this to whatever you have. I've done sliced apples and blueberries. I've done sliced apples and dried cranberries. Sometimes I add chocolates chips, sometimes I don't. Be creative!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!