Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ground Beef Stroganoff

My mom used to make super yummy beef stroganoff when I was kid. As I got older and liked meat less, I realized I'd rather it with ground beef so I'm not biting into chunks of meat. Plus this seems much easier...less cooking time, no beating of meat, etc. My kids gobble this up, I bet yours will too!

Ingredients: (Serves 6 adults)
1 tb coconut or olive oil
1 lb organic ground beef
2 lbs sliced mushrooms, organic
2 cups cream of mushroom soup (I make my own and highly suggest you do too! I'll post the recipe when I can)
1/2 ts ground pepper, organic
1-2 ts sea salt, to taste
1 ts garlic powder, organic
1/2 ts organic ground nutmeg
8 oz organic sour cream , or more of you like it creamier
1 lb organic pasta (This time I used organic rombi pasta 'cause it was there and it was cute, ha. I usually use organic egg noodles or organic whole wheat ribbons, not bowties, ribbons)

Heat up a skillet and add the oil. Brown the ground beef. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
At this point, start the water for the pasta, and when boiling throw the pasta in and cook until al dente. Add the mushroom soup, pepper, salt, garlic powder, nutmeg to the meat/mushrooms. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. When the pasta is almost done, stir the sour cream into the meat mixture and heat it up. Drain pasta and dish out onto plates and top with meat mixture. Don't forget to pour a lot of sauce on top so you can drink it off your plate when you're done...and then lick it...to pre-wash of course =)

1 comment:

Your comments make my day! Thank you!