Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Nuts

Yummy! These are so good! Though with the high price of organic nuts I can't make them too often because my kids plow through them so fast. If we don't act fast, my husband and I don't get any! Great party appetizer, snack, etc.

Ingredients:
3 cups organic nuts (Above I used almonds. I've also used cashews, pecans, walnuts, or a combination)
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 ts organic cayenne
1 ts sea salt
1/2 ts organic coriander
1 ts organic nutmeg
1/2 ts organic cinnamon
1 organic egg white
2 tb oil (coconut or olive oil)

In a large bowl, mix sugar everything but the nuts. Once mixed, toss with the nuts. Spread in a thing layer on a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes at 300 degrees. Stir them around a couple times. Now if you forget to stir while baking (not like I've ever done that or anything) stir them as soon as they come out of the oven. Let them cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks (If they last that long!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!